Saturday, November 6, 2010

Article 2 : Keiki Production : Results

Well, since I could not get any Keiki paste from  abroad, I had tried out my own mix. The results are more than encouraging. Exactly within three weeks I could see new growth near the cuts. And now as the size has grown in further two weeks - you can clearly make out that these are new plantlets ( Keikis) and  not a new spike. Hurray!  or Yahoo  !  or Wah Wah ( The Urdu or Indian equivalent).

I had put the paste on many nodes after making an incision, in some I removed the sheath and in some I did not. Almost all are showing some results.

I guess the month of October is good for initiating keikis.

And finally the Phalaenopsis have to fight the winters. Tips on how to make them survive in next article.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    What do you mean you tried your own mix?
    I live in Bombay, India and was looking to get hold of some keiki paste too..
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete